Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense, sending his nomination to the full Senate despite opposition from Republican senators over his stances on Iran. the introduction of Hagel at his Jan. 31.
· David Bernhardt, a former oil and gas lobbyist, speaks before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee at his confirmation hearing to head the Interior.
· On Thursday, Donald Trump’s appointee for the head of the Department of the Interior, David Bernhardt was the subject of a public confirmation hearing but there was an unexpected guest in attendance. As he was testifying in front of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee an activist from the environmental advocacy group Greenpeace who was seated behind Bernhardt
A Columbine shooting survivor was found dead in his home in what his family said was a lost battle with addiction STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) – A Colorado man who survived the 1999 Columbine school shooting and later became an advocate for fighting addiction has died. routt county coroner Robert Ryg said Saturday that 37-year-old Austin Eubanks died overnight at his Steamboat Springs home. There were no signs of foul play.
Interior nominee Sally Jewell tells Senate she’ll balance development, conservation | McClatchy Washington Bureau. she said at her confirmation hearing before the Senate Energy and Natural.
A demonstrator wears a Creature from the Black Lagoon mask as David Bernhardt, President Donald Trump’s nominee to be Interior Secretary, testifies during a Senate Energy and Natural Resources.
During a testy confirmation hearing on Thursday, President Donald Trump’s pick to be the nation’s largest land steward told senators that he would take steps to prevent conflicts of interest and to improve ethics guidelines at the Interior Department.
Rockies Weekly Breakdown: Colorado needs to bring hot road bats home In Colorado and nationwide, home projects suffering from worker shortage millions of North Korean children suffering from malnutrition, says UN – north koreans work in a field. which has sought to project an image of stability and unity during the transition to power of the young leader, Kim Jong-un. Yet the government has begun to publicly.This video is unavailable. watch queue Queue. Watch Queue Queue
Thomas Perez, nominated by President Barack Obama to be U.S. Labor secretary, clashed with Senate Republicans at his confirmation hearing over decisions. to block the nomination over separate.
· The Key Questions the Senate Should Ask Trump’s Nominee to Head the Department of the interior david bernhardt, a former oil and gas lobbyist, is a behind-the-scenes operator who has positioned himself as an ardent opponent of conservation advocates.
· Defence Secretary nominee chuck hagel seeks to allay concerns that he is anti-Israel and soft on Iran, as he is questioned at a confirmation hearing.
On paper, Brian Bulatao, President Trump’s nominee to serve as under secretary of state for management, should have been a slam-dunk confirmation. clash over Trump’s nominees was on full display.
· Swamp creatures at Senate hearing: Also in Senate news: Activists disguised as swamp monsters protested at Interior department secretary nominee David Bernhardt’s confirmation hearing.
Senate Republicans advanced President Trump’s nominee to be the Interior Department’s top lawyer on Tuesday over objections from Democrats who called him partisan and unresponsive to ethics.